As a grooming school we require a bank of model dogs on a regular schedule to enable us to teach our learners.
Our school runs from 8.30am to 4pm daily and we have 2 slots available for appointments for model dogs.
Slot 1 – Drop off between 8.30am and 9am to be collected at 12 noon or before.
Slot 2 – Drop off at 12.30 to be collected by 4pm or before.
We operate a ‘no cages or crates’ salon, we have separate areas for the dogs to take breaks, we have a secure garden and kitchen area where the dogs can be found chilling out between procedures.
Dogs are given regular breaks and snacks if allowed our abundance of treats.
Learners here at Dogoholics perform the full grooming, from preparing the dogs, nail clipping, hygiene area trimming, bathing, drying, handling, clipping and styling. We always offer a perfume spray before they go home.
We also talk about any health conditions, we do an extensive visual health check and can help you with any grooming questions or advice you have about caring for your dog at home.
Teacup & Toy Size Breeds £25
Medium Size Dogs e.g. Shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso £27.50
Medium Thick Coated Dogs e.g. Cockerpoo’s/Cavapoo’s/Small Doodles £30.00
Large Smooth Coated Dogs e.g. Labrador £25
Large Thick Coated Dogs e.g German Shepherd from £55
Giant Breeds POA.
Please read our T&C’s regarding these appointments
- All dogs need to kept on a 6 to 8 week schedule without exception. Dogs over this schedule will be charge at full cost due to the extra work and stress on equipment.
- All dogs need to be desensitised to the grooming process and trained on the table.
- A 50% deposit needs to be paid for student slots unless cancellations are made within 48 hours of appointment.
- We reserve the right to determine if the dog is suitable for the student discount club.
- Time slots need to be adhered to and dogs collected promptly after notification that they are ready. Please do not ‘pop’ back unannounced to check the progress of your dog as this causes the dogs to get excited which is dangerous when working with animals and sharp objects. Dogoholics reserves the right to stop the groom and reschedule the appointment if this happens.
- Student club appointments are not always available. If our schedule does not have availability for student appointments, we may need to charge full price for grooming work and staff members will complete the groom. You will be advised of this at booking.
- Customers who are over 30 minutes late may be refused student appointments on that day.
- If you are late to collect your dog we may charge you a late collection charge.
- Prices are quoted assume the dogs coat is well maintained, shows no aggression and has been booked in at our recommended time frame. De matting/Flea and overdue fees are
- We practice humanity before vanity, if your dog is knotty, matted or pelted we at Dogoholics reserve the right to increase the price to a full groom including de-matting fees and kindly shave the coat which maybe not as aesthetically pleasing but is in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006 (section 5 – Animals are to be protected from pain, injury and suffering.